Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tribute to Dr B.D. Triguna

Padma Vibhushan Awardee Dr. BD Triguna, a giant in the field of Ayurved, passed away on 1st January, 2013 in the evening hours. He was 95 years and still active in the practice of Ayurved.

My association with him goes back to the era when Dr. Deepak Chopra was actively associated with Maharshi Mahesh Yogi. Maharshi Mahesh Yogi fell sick and developed acute pancreatitis and was treated in his house at Golf Link which was converted into a mini ICU. Late Dr. (Col.) KL Chopra, Dr. Deepak Chopra, myself, Dr. HK and Trigunaji were treating him.

One day I just showed him my hand, he checked my pulse and said that I was suffering from a severe acidity which was true. Once he saw a person in my presence, checked his pulse and said that he had stone in the right ureter and the person was surprised as he had no symptoms. When he got himself investigated, it was there.

He was a master of Ayurved pulse diagnosis. With him an era in Ayurved practice has been lost. May God put his soul into peace and give courage to his family including my friend Devender, also Padma Bhushan Awardee to bear the loss!


Dr. KK Aggarwal
Padmashri & Dr. BC Roy National Awardee

No comments:

Post a Comment