Tuesday, August 15, 2017

“Nothing is impossible”: My philosophy of life


Dr KK Aggarwal

I was given the name Krishan as the day I was born, 5th September, was the auspicious day of Krishna Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna. 5th September is also celebrated in our country as Teacher’s Day.

Lord Krishna holds special significance for me…evidently so, because of my given name; but, more importantly, because he has helped me define my guiding philosophy of life.

Lord Krishna is always depicted in blue color and with yellow clothes. He always holds a flute in his hands.

The blue color, like the sky or the ocean, denotes vastness i.e. something which is much larger than what we can see or perceive. To me, this means nothing is impossible.

His yellow clothes denote vigor or persistence. The flute in his hands denotes humility.

Take up challenging tasks because nothing is impossible. You can always win with humility.” This according to me is the message from Lord Krishna.

This has been my constant endeavor all my life, including my years in the Indian Medical Association (IMA), particularly the last two years, first as the Honorary Secretary General and now as National President.

I have always believed that we must try to develop habits and behaviors as befitting one’s given name. Name carries a lot of significance as Akshar in Sanskrit has a vibration and if that positive vibration matches with the vibrations of universe at the time of your birth, it helps in healing.

On both my birthdays, Janmashtami and Teacher’s Day, as also today, I try to seek forgiveness from all my colleagues and friends. “Knowingly or unknowingly, if I have hurt your consciousness in my writings, speech, actions or thoughts, please forgive me.”

Our medical profession is going through tough times. We are facing an onslaught of atrocities, violence both physical and mental, criminal prosecution, media trials, pubic defamation, to name a few. We need ‘azaadi” from these.

We are fighting for the rights of the patients, community as well as our profession.

On this Independence Day, let’s pledge to work together and speak together in “One voice” in the best interests of and towards betterment of the community and the fraternity.

A Happy Janmashtami & Independence Day to you all!


Disclaimer: The views expressed in this write up are entirely my own

No comments:

Post a Comment